Sunday, February 04, 2007

Oh My Lord!

This weekend was a lot of fun! We started the morning with a trip to the post office to get the boys' U.S. passports. Bill had to take this on by himself, while I had an eye doctor's appointment. After my appointment, I had to run over to the post office and sign the paperwork. We had no idea how William would do with the passport picture. Fortunately, the lady had some candy and that's all it took for him to smile and take a great picture. Lawrence loves smiling, so he had no problem getting his picture taken.

After the passports, we had an appointment at Wal-Mart's Portrait Studio. Again, we had no idea how well this would go. Much to our surprise, the boys did wonderful and mom spent way too much money!! I can't wait until the pictures come in 2 weeks. They both had the most darling smiles in all of the poses, so I had to order portraits of each one. I justify buying so many by saying that this is their first set of professional pictures. I'll be better next time and not spend so much, right?

After the pictures were done, we went home and waited for grandma, Aunt Lisa, Dante, and Imani to arrive. My mom, sister, and niece and nephew came over Saturday for a visit. We spent some time at our house and let the boys show off their new toys and games. Then, we went to an indoor playground near our house. The kids spent about 2 hours running around, climbing ladders, and sliding down the slides. We went out to dinner and then came home. We played musical cars with the kids after dinner. We ended up taking Imani home, while our boys rode home with Grandma and Aunt Lisa. Well, they both get very excited when they see an airplane. They scream, "Samalyot! Samalyot!" My mom and sister didn't know this and when we all got home, they told us William kept shouting, "Oh my Lord! Oh my Lord!" They couldn't stop laughing. Well, it was even more funny when we told them what he was really saying. They started laughing even harder.

The boys continue to adjust very well to everything around them. They love being with the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins and vice versa. They bring smiles to our faces as well as the family and friends they encounter. They are truly a blessing and we feel so lucky and honored to be their parents! Life is so good!

Peace & love,
Kelly & Bill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home