Monday, February 05, 2007

My First Day Back to Work (Not Quite!)

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work after taking off ten weeks for the adoption. I spent last night getting my schoolwork together, packing my lunch and picking the day's outfit. I set the alarm for 5:30a.m. and finally went to sleep.

I awoke at 5:30, dragged myself out of bed, and was just about to get in the shower, when my phone rang. It was my car pooler, Melissa. She had the best news, "School is cancelled!" My teaching partner called also to share the good news. I couldn't believe it. I'm supposed to go back to work and school is cancelled due to severe cold weather. The Midwest has been hit by an Arctic blast and the temperature this morning was -5 degrees and -25 degrees with the wind chill. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold also but not as cold, so my guess is that I'll have to work tomorrow:( I think the high is supposed to be around eleven degrees.

I enjoyed spending one more day at home with the boys. We spent the day playing games, reading books, and just hanging out. Bill rough-housed with the boys for a bit, too. They love being tossed around and up in the air by Papa. Tomorrow will be Papa's first day as Mr. Mom! I know all will be well, but I'm not sure what the house will look like when I get home;) I wonder how long William will cry before he wears himself out. He is very much a Mama's boy and isn't ready to hang out at home with Papa all day. Bill bought some earplugs to save his ears from the screaming because our little guy has a strong set of lungs! I don't worry about Lawrence because he goes to school in the morning and he loves hanging out with Papa. William tends to give Papa grief about things and not me, while Lawrence likes to back talk to me and not Papa.

I'll have Bill post next time and share his adventures as Mr. Mom and a top ten list!

Peace & love,
Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home